Contest rules & regulations
Support economic recovery in North Simcoe!
The North Simcoe Business Recovery Task Force, a joint committee for EDCNS (Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe) and its member municipalities: the Towns of Midland and Penetanguishene and the Townships of Tay and Tiny, Southern Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce, North Simcoe Community Futures Development Corporation, ShopMidland and Midland BIA, is highlighting the importance of supporting local through the iLoveMyLocal campaign.
Beginning September 1 until October 31, 2020 community members can submit their local find, local fav and show their support of a local business or charity/non-profit at https://ilovemylocal.ca. All through September there will be daily prize draws of services and merchandise donated by local entrepreneurs. During October, the three individuals with the most participation will earn “Influencer” status and receive a “Local Bling Basket”.
Everyone is encouraged to also share on social media with the hashtag #iLoveMyLocal.ca and tag @EDCNS to bring more energy to this important need.
Share an image, caption or both related to the ways you are supporting local organizations. For each week that an image/caption is submitted, the resident will receive a ballot to be entered in the prize draw. These are the rules governing this program:
- Open to residents and cottagers of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to win a prize and households are encouraged to participate together.
- There is no cost to participate in this campaign.
- When participants submit an image directly to the website https://ilovemylocal.ca, they will receive one ballot. The participant agrees to give EDCNS the right to freely use submitted images.
- Participants will receive a maximum of one (1) ballot per week, regardless of the number of times they engage with for this campaign. The maximum number of ballots any participant may have by 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2020 is nine (9); i.e. one per week.
- Posts outside the specified time frame will not qualify for a ballot. Each week will run to Sunday at 11:59pm excepting the final week which ends on Saturday October 31 @ 11:59.
- Prize draws will be made weekly on Mondays with winners contacted and asked to participate in a promotional video at one of the organizations they supported that week. Once all winners are contacted, they will be announced on social media and at ilovemylocal.ca.
- There will be a maximum of five weekly prizes awarded each week. Prizes are donated by local business sponsors. Please visit the sponsors listed on the website and support their businesses.
- Additional prizes, of marketing services and promotions, for participating North Simcoe businesses (Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny) will be drawn at the end of the contest. A participating business is defined as a business who has submitted their complete information to the directory at https://ilovemylocal.ca and checked the box for email permissions. These prizes are each valued from $199 to $1400 and must be accepted as awarded.
- Prize winners must be available to collect their iLoveMyLocal prize at an arranged time and location, following any physical distancing measures which may be in place at that time.
The Business Recovery Task Force of EDCNS thanks you for participating and supporting economic recovery in the Heart of Georgian Bay!